WAGMI United: Our Manifesto
An overview of our vision and our plans for investing in Crawley Town Football Club and web3.
To reinvent broken legacy sports management models
To give fans a meaningful voice
To take Crawley Town FC, the smallest club in the English Football League, to the Premier League
Who are we?
WAGMI United — which stands for “We’re All Gonna Make It” — exists at the intersection of crypto and sports.
Our group is made up of some of the biggest names in the NFT and sports worlds: influencers, investors, business leaders, designers, lawyers, founders — everyone from dreamchasers to seasoned execs.
Our first move was the acquisition of Crawley Town FC, an English Football League 2 club.
Why football? Nothing compares to its immense cultural impact, unprecedented fan loyalty, and ability to bring people together. Football captures the hearts of the world in the most untraditional ways.
A pillar of our vision is fandom without borders. We’ve seen firsthand the power of digital communities taking over the world through NFTs. We’re betting on a future where being a fan is no longer constrained by geographic location.
We’re realistic — getting Crawley Town to the Premier League isn’t going to happen overnight. We’re in it for the long haul, democratising the club and enabling our community to vote on decisions that shape the club’s future: anything from matchday grub to the club’s director’s.
While we want WAGMI to become ‘The Internet’s Team’, a supernode between digital communities, our model also enables local Crawley Town fans to have a voice: a drastic shift from the absentee leadership structures of the past.
Impossible is nothing. We’re proud to partner with adidas, a brand that has always pushed the boundaries of sport and culture. We couldn’t have dreamed of a better way to start our adventure than with a brand with such rich history in football and performance sport.
Long term, we plan to expand the WAGMI United governance and digital community model. The possibilities are endless.
Join the internet’s team.
Redefine what sport can be.
Together, we’ll take Crawley Town to the Premier League.
Crawley Town FC is a club with a rich 125-year history but found themselves stuck in the old status quo with a losing revenue model that capped their potential to grow and move up the English football pyramid.
These are the improvements/changes WAGMI United has made in the three months since acquisition:
- Appointed Kevin Betsy as head coach
- Hired Dan Micciche as assistant coach
- Hired a video analyst
- Onboarded a top-tier strength and conditioning coach
- Onboarded a goalkeeper coach
- Onboarded a striker and set-piece specialist
Onboarded a data scientist
- Got access to better data/analytics/tools/video with StatsBomb, Hudl, TransferRoom, Veo, drones, etc.
- Acquired new medical equipment
- Acquired new fitness equipment
- Acquired Ice baths and more Footballs
- Implemented proper supplements and nutrition/meal plans
- Week of preseason training and teambuilding in Spain for 35 players and staff
- Implementation of a ‘B’ squad for youth player development
- Decreased ticket prices by over 30% for fans
- Sold more season tickets in two weeks than all of last season
- Improved the food and catering services for fans on game days
- Signed Dom Telford, League 2’s leading goal scorer last season
- Signed Dion Conroy, captain of a playoff club at Swindon last season and one of the highest rated defenders in League 2
- Brought in James Balagizi on loan from Liverpool
- Signed Travis Johnson, who had tremendous underlying metrics last year playing for a League 1 club
- Brought back fan-favorite Ashley Nadesan on a new deal
- Hired a CFO
- Focused on building a new, inclusive team culture
- Partnered with adidas
- CTFC kits mark the first time any sporting team has ever officially sported historically significant NFT art on a professional jersey
The NFT mint price is equivalent to around US$380 / £320 and is based on our fixed costs in running a football club.
We plan to continue and accelerate these investments using funds raised by the NFT sale to rapidly improve Crawley Town FC and increase the speed at which we can progress and achieve promotion in the English Football League.
As part of our investment in CTFC, we’re launching an NFT to enable the web3 community to join us. We want this to be a community club that gives fans with an internet connection a meaningful voice.
To date, we have established the following utility, with more to come:
- Special input and voting on the future of Crawley Town FC
- Adidas x WAGMI United x Chromie Squiggle jersey
- Limited edition football scarf
- Limited edition football hat
- Holders choose design for the third item
- Access to IRL events
- Free tickets to some CTFC home matches (TBD)
- Exclusive access to behind the scenes at the club
- AMA with players
- Exclusive live streams from the bench during games
- Access to global IRL events including "WAGMI Zone" get-togethers for games
- ERC-721 commemorative token, after merch claims
- Digital wearables
- And more, to be confirmed...
Minters will receive an ERC-1155 NFT. At the merch claim event, this can be burnt in exchange for physical merchandise and another ERC-1155 NFT. At the final merch claim event, you can burn your ERC-1155 NFT, receiving your final piece of merch and an ERC-721 NFT.
Input on the club
To be clear, ownership of the NFT does not give you direct ownership of Crawley Town FC. It does give you weighted input on big-picture club items. Again, we want this to be a community club that gives fans with an internet connection a meaningful voice.
How Premint works
There are two lists: early access and waitlist.
Check if you’re on the early access list.
Check if you’re on the waitlist.
If you made early access, congratulations! You have a guaranteed mint slot in the early access window. You can also return during the waitlist or public sale.
If you entered Premint but didn’t make early access, you’re on the waitlist. The waitlist mint begins after early access closes, subject to availability.
Subject to availability, there will be a public mint after the waitlist mint closes.
Note: you will not receive an email from Premint. You should check your wallet yourself.
The NFT mint beings on July 8th.
We’re excited for the early access winners (out of 28,787 that registered!) and everybody waiting in the wings to mint on Friday. See you all as members of our WAGMI United community soon!